Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to My Roots

This week I'm completing a full circle that started almost a half-century ago. Back in seventh grade, I made my first appearance on stage as a musician. I played drums. Dave Bohush was on harmonica and vocals. Louis Bertoni played keyboards. Dave went on to a professional music career before he was killed in an auto accident; Louis went into law. We performed two Beatles' numbers: "I'm a Loser" and "This Boy". That night we were competing in a talent show at Maine-Endwell High School in Endwell, New York. For the record, we were not the winners. I don't know what the judges were thinking (or drinking). This Wednesday night I'll return the same stage as Reprise 60s provides back up music for a student idol competition, modeled after the American Idol television series. I can't wait to re-live the dawning of my musical avocation. This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment